I’d love to tell you my life story but that’s not what we’re here for.
Chances are, you’re looking for a copywriter. This is what you need to know about me.
- I build bridges between people and information. I make it easier for them to understand and act on what they learn.
- Creativity is a big deal for me. I have a toolkit of methods to unearth ideas and I love using imagery, metaphor and stories. Because that’s the way our brains work.
- I enjoy research – discovering information, pulling it together and sharing it. I get a kick out of making complex information more simple.
- I believe that too many organisations use jargon and formal language. It smothers meaning, turns people off and leads to reams of wasted paper and pixels. I help you get to the heart of the matter and communicate it.
- I’m trained in behaviour change methods, community-based social marketing and a stack of stakeholder engagement techniques. That means I know which questions to ask about your customers and your business.
- My experience includes working in and for
government, non-profits, natural resource management and small business. Each sector has its way of doing things – I get that.
- I have a background in sustainability education and natural resource management. That includes urban food growing, eco-tourism, green living and natural products. If you’re into all things eco, I speak your language.
- I’m also a trained interpreter. Not the language/translation kind. The kind that helps people learn about natural and cultural heritage through signage, presentations and other material. Think museum displays, boardwalk signage and tour guiding.
- Funding makes the world go round. I’ve been part of grant assessment panels, run funded programs and successfully applied for many grants and tenders. That includes small community grants right up to large-scale proposals in the $millions.
- I was an eco-tour guide for many years. If you can hold the at
tention of 50 schoolkids, you can engage just about anyone…
If you’d like to know more about me, you can find me on LinkedIn.